Friday, September 21, 2012

Glitter is a girl's best friend

I used to think glitter was stupid and only for 'little girls'. But over time I started to grow fond of glitter and was influenced and converted to the sparkly side by RookieMag so I have finally come to the conclusion that I am in love with glitter. Something about it makes me feel jolly and it makes me smile and my eyes water and pupils dilate.

One of my favourite ways to remind myself how awesome glitter is, is by using glittery nail polishes.


 Unfortunately, this is the only one I have. I'm still searching for more supa-extra-glitta nail varnishes.


They are a total pain to remove but SO WORTH IT. It makes you feel like a million bucks. And people who say you look tacky don't know what they're talking about.


While we are on the subject of glitter, I was introduced to Israelian writer Etgar Keret by the aforementioned RookieMag. He wrote a short story called Glittery Eyes and I really suggest that you read it. It won't take more than 10 minutes of your time, I swear. It's one of those stories that makes you go "aww" and not in a good way. It stays with you. It makes you ponder... about glitter. And glittery eyes. And how glittery eyes would look like in real life and whether they truly exist.

Also, I was watching an August favourites video by Kristina Horner aka italktosnakes on youtube and she mentioned something about glitter jars. I was curious and quickly went on google to find out what it was.

 
I was amazed and OBVIOUSLY had to look for a how-to guide to scatter my room with these.


I found a helpful tutorial here and I've yet to try it out. I'm still trying to add as much glitter to my collection and by collection I mean only 2 tubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...