Monday, January 28, 2013

***LEIBSTER AWARD YAY***


Last week, I was nominated for the Leibster Award by the charming Morgan of ee2be!

Here are the rules:
  • The award is for bloggers with less than 300 followers.
  • The nominees must link back to the blogger who awarded them.
  • If you are nominated write 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions written by the blogger who nominated you.
  • Make up 11 new questions to be answered and nominate 11 other bloggers!


11 random facts about me:
  1. I don't have a favourite colour; I just happen to like different shades of colours on different days depending on the mood I'm in.
  2. There are times when I'm so fed up with the human race that I want to just hang out in a room full of rabbits. I accept all kinds.
  3. I like to silently watch people in public places. It's not creepy, IT'S FOR SCIENCE!!!
  4. Sometimes I wish I had super straight and flat hair.
  5. As much as I like playing with eyeliner and practising my cat eye, I can never seem to line my lower lash area without it looking like a 5 year old drew them on and it FRUSTRATES me!
  6. When I was really young, I decided that my favourite ice cream flavour was strawberry because it was the colour pink.
  7. Around the age of 8-11, I was in a tomboy phase and I completely refused to wear skirts or dresses during that period (unless I HAD to, ie. social gatherings, weddings, etc. And I hated every moment of it).
  8. It's hard for me to concentrate, I get distracted easily and sometimes zone out even when I'm in the MIDDLE of having a conversation with someone, no matter how interesting the topic is (imagine when I'm bored!)
  9.  I'm allergic to cats.
  10. I buy more books than I should.. So, the ratio of books that I haven't read to those which I have is approximately 3:1 respectively. I also tend to borrow books so that doesn't help either.
  11. I'm a slow reader.


Questions from Morgan:

Have you ever had a recurring dream or nightmare? 
Yes, I have actually! Several of them! But I can't remember any of them right at this moment. I usually never realise until I'm in the middle of the dream/nightmare or right after I wake up. Then I completely forget about it.

What's your biggest fear and why?
Definitely God and death.. and also being locked in in closed spaces. Imagine being buried alive in a coffin? I'd probably die from hyperventilating first before anything.

If you could punch one historical figure (dead or alive) who would it be and why?
Hmm.. I don't really know.. I'll just go for the most common one and say Hitler?

If you could be famous for anything, what would it be and why?
Definitely not for sucking my own tampon! Hahah. Umm, probably for being an influence to younger girls or just people in general, I guess? Kinda like Tina Fey or Tavi Gevinson or Amy Poehler.

Who is your idol/hero and why?
I know this is cliché, but it's my mum. I'll always have that answer to this question because it's true and no one else can ever affect me the way she has (well duh she's my mum). I see her as the strongest woman I know, and especially the way she has dealt with things and by raising both my brother and I as a single mother and how she's gone through a lot of shit, she's just so special to me, I love her to death and I hope to be as amazing as she is.

If you were to magically wake up one morning with the power to see the future, what would you do and why?
Probably see how things look like a thousand years from now because I really want to know whether flying cars will already be invented by then.

Favourite colour of nail polish?
Hmm it changes all the time, but right now I'm quite hooked on the colour teal.

Favourite drink (such as lemonade, water, orange juice, etc)?
Grass jelly or ginger ale.

What song is currently stuck in your head?
Robyn's Dancing On My Own. I've even considered filming myself just dancing to this song in my pajamas.

What is your favourite film and why?
I don't know, I don't really have one. If I had to say though, I'd pick Submarine because of the cinematography and the story line. I like the way it's edited and narrated too. And this will forever be my favourite part of the movie. Always. It's so sweet. Please watch it.

If you could be best friends with anyone, who would it be and why?
1. Hayley because she's everything I want to be like and everything I want to be with if I weren't straight.
2. Arabelle because she has the hair colour of my dreams and she's sassy. Great combination.
3. Myles because I find him amusing and entertaining and I can listen to him talk all day. Every. Day.

(And obviously everyone else at Rookie but that's like, already decided by default so it doesn't count)



My questions:
  1. How long have you gone without showering?
  2. If you could turn into any animal (can also be fictional), what would you turn into?
  3. If you could make a tv show, movie or book come to life, what would it be and why?
  4. Would you rather have the ability to talk to cats and have long, thought provoking conversations with them, or the ability to produce real food using your mind?
  5. Are you excited for 2013? What are your plans/resolutions?
  6. If you could be any fictional character, who would it be?
  7. Do you prefer jeans/pants or skirts/dresses?
  8. What immediately comes to mind when you hear the word "frilly"?
  9. Any movies that you've watched or books that you've read recently? What are your thoughts about them?
  10. Would you be able to survive without the internet? How would you imagine your life to be without it?
  11. Are you afraid of the dark?


Now, I'm gonna bend the rules a bit bcuz I'm a rEbel wo0o --  a couple of bloggers probably have over 300 followers but I don't really care because I really want them to do this (I'm looking at you Sasssquatch and Chelsea) AND a lot of them have probably already been nominated before.

So here you are, the bloggers I nominate:

Birdie Wears A Tie

That Chelsea Girl

A Fidelity For Fashion

Dancing Without Moving

Style Dynamite

Style Wandering

Thrift Thick

Sasssquatch

Five Dimes For Nine Lives

Psychedelic Daisy


8 comments:

  1. Thank you so so much for nominating me!! I really appreciate it :)

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my pleasure!! I really do enjoy your blog! :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi - I was browsing blogs (instead of working lol) and I found yours.

    I really love Robyn's Dancing On My Own too! You should definitely make that video one day! You might start a meme sensation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Anything* is better than working! Lol.

      I don't think I'd want to be included in a meme. But knowing me, once I drink too much coffee coupled with saturday nights alone in my room I'm not surprised that that video will be made :-p But yes, it's a really good song!

      Delete
  3. I just have to say that I am in love with your blog, I will come back as often as possible until I've read it all, it's very inspiring and the pictures are oh so fabulous !

    Have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much!!! You are too sweet, it really means a lot to me!

      You're just as fabulous, have a lovely day too.

      xxx

      Delete
  4. GIRL I LOVE YOU, thank you so much for tagging me in this it means a lot to me! I'm gonna cook up some sort of post soon okay <3 thanks a million sweet heart I ADORE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol i love your enthusiasm!! I LOVE IT. AND YOU TOO. no prawbzzzz, girl frennn.. take your time <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...