Sunday, February 24, 2013

star filled mind, useless imagination, whatever





Here I am, half-sitting half-laying down on my bed at 3 in the morning, my caffeinated body and mind forcing me to live through the eerily silent and ungodly hour where everyone is fast asleep. Probably half way through their exciting, vivid, almost realistic but strange dreams. Paralyzed by the exhaustion washed over their calm bodies. Exhaustion from the day, from breathing, from experiencing, from receiving and giving. Everyone but me.

 

Sometimes I hate these times, but most of the time I love it. I feel like I'm the only one awake in the world. It's usually the time where I get a lot of creative things done. Waves of inspiration usually come around this time. Although, sometimes it gets too overwhelming that I do nothing because I don't know where to start and I don't know how to organize my ideas. Like now, for example. But I guess writing this counts as something.

 
I want to talk about the amazing feeling of being surrounded by silence. Too much silence that it turns to noise. It'll fill up my ears and start to hurt. I start to become lonely. But when I listen to music, it becomes a whole different experience. I've noticed that listening to the same song at different times of the day gives you different feelings.

It brings excitement to me. As if hearing these songs for the first time. I get goosebumps, I get chills -- the good kind. I get lost in the rhythm, synths, beats, soothing vocals, mumbles, everything, anything. I probably look stupid swaying my head side to side whilst closing my eyes but it works. It's the best feeling. A lot of the times I want to share this experience with someone else. Just bumping to good music, hanging out, having a nice time. Hopefully make that person appreciate music as much as I do, if they haven't yet. Make them experience what I experience. Take them on a journey with me.. AN ETHEREAL JOURNEY THAT IS

OUT

OF
THIS
WORLDDDDDD




8 comments:

  1. beautiful photos! love your writing too x
    http://thefrillseekers.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you!! i love your blog a lot, you take some really great photos!

      Delete
  2. love the images you used. haha it's funny you talk about this. there's this point in the middle of the night where it literally feels like you're in some weird limbo when you're still awake and it seems like it will be night forever. It's good you can get things done during this time because I sure can't. My brain goes goofy around midnight. Maybe perhaps the next time I find myself awake in the wee hours of the morning I can start drawing and writing; it'll be interesting to see what comes out. Haha i hope you find a way to share that o u t o f t h i s w o r l d experience with someone one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, one of the pictures is actually mine! yeah i realise the things i come up with around those hours are sometimes the weirdest, hahah. but it's great because sometimes i'd totally forget what i've made until the next day so it's like "woah.. i wrote/drew THAT?? why...." hahah, i hope so too.

      Delete
  3. I so totally know what you mean, and I love that feeling, once I get over the frustration at not being asleep. You are seriously such a good writer! And really beautiful choice of pictures!
    http://www.thecoolcustomer.wordpress.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you, it means a lot!! xx

      Delete
  4. Very cute post.
    I love that part of the night. It's my favorite part of the day. I love to write during the night, I feel like I can do everything during the night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, totally. i also want to experience being out in the street during that time of night but i doubt it would even be remotely safe! it would be cool though

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...